Warm up for a creativity session.
This is a warm up activity or energizer for a creativity session.
Participants: Who can have a little fun
Pre-Work Required: None
1. Have the group stand in a circle.
2. Have one or maybe two people go into the centre . He goes around and points to anyone, ask that person, and the people adjacent, to perform a figure such as:
-- a. Elephant: middle person puts both hands on nose, hands fist and touching each other in trunk like manner. Players on either side place their hands each on the ear of the middle person making an elephant like ear.
-- b. Giraffe: middle person puts both arms straight up. Players on either side bow and put hands on the middle person's waist. See, it's a giraffe.
-- c. Toaster: people on either side of the middle person join hands, surrounding the middle player. Middle player jumps up and down, toastishly.
-- d. Any other figure can be names ? blender, sheep dog and sheep, Picasso painting, or a computer printer. Make up your own.
3. The group votes for each imitation (clapping or hissing).
4. IT tries to catch people off guard. Off-guarded ones become the new IT.
5. Keep going until everyone has been a figure.
Different departments or professions could have profession or department related objects. For example an Information Technology department might have objects such as printers, routers, scanners, Personal computers, etc.
Follow-Up Required: none
Source: Bernie DeKoven