An active energizer game
- 3 lengths of rope or similar to mark the center line and the back lines
Pre-Work Required: set up the field
1. Both teams decide what they want to be, as a team - rock, scissors, or paper. (To experience thorough preparedness, teams are encouraged to select a back-up symbol to be used in case of a tie.)
2. The teams assemble at the centre line,
3. At the mutually agreed-upon moment, both teams, simultaneously, display their choices.
4. Upon which... the team with the winning symbol (as in, you know, paper covers rock, rock smashes scissors, scissors cuts paper), attempts to tag everyone in the other team before anyone can cross the back boundary line.
5. The excitement of impending victory, and the sheer suddenness of it all, as illustrated in the photo below, frequently results in players not knowing which way to run. All to the general glee.
6. Players who are tagged must join the winning team.
Source: Bernie DeKoven
Derived from: Rock-Paper-Scissors and Red Rover.