A basic framework for building a model of a system.
Time needed: 6 - several days
Pre-Work Required: Some initial research is needed. Some individuals do some initial model building can be of some use.
1. Identify together the constraints or values the model must include or reflect.
2. Ask people to work in small teams to create an image or plan of what is needed, including
-- a. elements,
-- b. steps,
-- c. timeframes,
-- d. people involved, etc.
3. Check back with the whole group,
4. Make suggestions, corrections, etc
5. Identify additional research needed
6. Do the research
7. Make changes to the model,
8. Repeat steps 3 to 7 until model is agreed on.
Follow-Up Required: Test model in the field.
Wilson, Priscilla, Harnish, Kathleen and Wright, Joel: The Facilitative Way, TeamTech Press, 2003, p. 167