Challenging an idea or concept
Deep analysis or review of a variety of elements.
Pre-Work Required: Select all or part of the problem domain that you are going to challenge. Perhaps it is something that has been particularly difficult to be creative around.
Questions and processes will need to be identified to conduct the challenges.
Find something to challenge and question it deeply. You can challenge many things, including:
* Concepts - and broad ideas
* Assumptions - and beliefs that are not questioned
* Compromises - that you assume must happen
* Boundaries - across which you do not yet cross
* Operations - and processes whereby things get done
* 'Impossible' - things that are assumed cannot happen
* 'Can't be done' - things that are assumed cannot be done
* 'Essentials' - things that you assume cannot be disposed of
* Either-or thinking - replacing with 'and' thinking
* Sacred cows - that cannot be challenged
* Patterns - of behavior, visuality, etc.
* Functions - the way things work
* Paradigms - that guide thinking (and not thinking)
* Dominant ideas - that guide thinking
* polarizing tendencies - that push people to extremes