Review of a project, including the phases of the project
- Review the work process
- Capture what went well/what went badly
- Assign action for promulgating lessons learned and reusable assets
- prepared flips
- speaker phone
- tent cards (including one for the phone)
- table creativity aids
- parking lot sheet
- greeting sheet.
Pre-Work Required: Prepare flipchart sheets. For each process make a t shape on the flipchart with space for the name of the process at the top and a plus and delta in each column.
1. Introduce self and role.
2. Introduce work products.
3. Gather ground rules.
1. Ask what were the major phases of the project.
2. Put the title of each phase at the top of a + and
delta flip chart
3. For each phase, give participants 3 minutes to write + and Delta slips and 2 minutes to post on appropriate chart
4. Convert statements on charts to lessons learned.
5. Highlight any reusable assets.
6. Report out lessons learned
7. Report out reusable assets.
8. Group discussion on what it would take to harvest the asset
9. Enter action for promulgating lessons learned and harvesting assets on action items sheet.
10. Complete with responsible people and dates for completion.
Follow-Up Required: check implementation of action items
Usual or Expected Outcomes: ?
- Lessons Learned
- List of assets to be captured
Potential pitfalls: Participant blame individuals rather than evaluatge processes.
Source: Ned Ruete
History of Development: This was shared on the GRP-FACL Listserve by Ned Ruete in April 2006