Reviewing a process that is stuck
When to use:
- 1 A highly politicized and fairly polarized (yet congenial) group
- 2 A recognized lack of collaboration and partnership
- 3 Votes are split along predictable lines
- 4 Common ground that seems to get built keeps shifting.
- 5 The process of getting to the vision is blocking the group.
- Have the group step back and analyze how they're dealing with the issue.
- Evaluate and ask:
What similar behaviors, assumptions and attitudes is the group using in this task as they have in past (failed) attempts to collaborate?
- What might they do differently tomorrow in order to achieve a different result than in the past?
- Ask them to view this as a practice exercise in how they will interact in the future.
Usual or Expected Outcomes: Progress toward goals of the meeting
Derived from: Submitted to the GRP-FACL Listserve by Paula M. Diller
History of Development: unknown