A process for allowing individuals to think through and then discuss a variety of perspectives on a problem or idea
- Create the form with space to reflect on each required category
State the problem or idea that the group will discuss. Explain to the group members that they will fill in a research form on this problem.
1. Give each person the form and explain categories:
- Idea, Trend, Problem- it can be both an individual problem or the same problem for a whole group to work on.
- Cultural- a person's view of how society sees the problem
- Emotional- how does society feel about this idea
- The broad picture- look at the problem in as large a sense as you can
- The Narrow picture- see the problem in a small sense.
- How do you feel-personal emotions/feelings about this problem.
2. Have each person fill in the form individually, thinking about the questions in that column. Use the last section to fill in their idea, trend or problem.
3. After they have finished, group members will discuss each column, sharing their thoughts as they wish.
Follow-Up Required: Facilitator will help the group to recognize both the same and different points of views among them. It helps groups to have a broader understanding on every event, which can also contribute to make the group work more effectively.