- sheets of paper and pens or pencils
Good morning (if appropriate). The next 20 to 30 minutes, we would like to get to know each other a little better.
1. Please take one of the sheets of paper and write down four of five adjectives or phrases to describe yourself.
2. (Collect the sheets and hand them out randomly.)
3. Please read the sheet that you have been given
4. Now you will attempt to find its owner. We will go around the room and each of us will read out loud the description and say who they think the person is. If someone else knows please do not say anything especially the person who it is about.
5. (It may take two or more rounds to discover whom everyone's person is.)
• Whose description was the most informative?
• Whose description was the most surprising?
• Listening to these descriptions how would you characterise this group? Who would you say we are as a group?
• What characteristics would make the group stronger?
• What would make the group weaker?
• What can you do to strengthen the group?
Source: Dale Hunter