- White board
- flip chart and markers
Pre-Work Required: Have a stack of cards with pictures, or a dictionary to generate random ideas.
This is a variation of the Analogy Brainstorm.
It is possible to use creativity warm-up exercise like Mr. Peanut, The Expert Game or Brain Gym.
1. State the challenge
2. Draw a circle and number it 1 through 12 like a clock.
3. Generate more than 12 attributes (this can be done using cards with pictures, selecting random words from a dictionary, brainstorming, etc.).
4. Select 12. And place them next to the numbers.
5. Roll a pair of dice two times one for each of the attributes. Any time doubles (two 2's or two 4's) appear twice in a row the second number is one (otherwise there would never be a one.)
6. Discuss the two attributes individually and as a pair. List associations that come to mind.
7. Search for a link between the associations and the challenge.
Move to a idea processing method.
Usual or Expected Outcomes: Creative solutions to a problem
Source: Michael Michalko
Derived from: This was suggested by a student of Facilitation at the Hanze University of Applied Science, Groningen, The Netherlands.