This is a fun energizer that requires some paying attention, thinking and coordination.This can be used in any session that needs a little playfulness and fun in order to move on.
Energizing the group, and practicing paying attention to change
Types of participants: Any who are willing to be a little silly for a moment.
Pre-Work Required: None
Explain why you are doing this game. For example, in a time of change we are often asked to do things that are unfamiliar and this exercise is a way of practicing adapting to change.
1. We will count up to the number of people in the room, eg. if there are 10 participants then count to 10. You might go around twice or three times with fewer participants.
2. Every time someone reaches the number 3 or a multiple of three (3, 6, 9, 12, etc.) instead of the number say "Buzz" so it will be one, two, buzz, four, five, buzz, etc.
3. Do one or two rounds like this.
4. Now we are going to add to the fun. Now when the number four or a multiple of four is reached we will say "click". Naturally, when you get to twelve you say "buzz click".
5. Do a couple of rounds of practising.
6. You can do a debrief of the game focusing the experience of this kind of change.
Follow-Up Required: None
Source: Pamela Lupton-Bowers