A method to probe a topic with questions from the macro to micro levels
- Flipcharts, markers, tape
Pre-Work Required: Prepare a clear statement for the topic. Analyze the topic and create a list of probing questions working from macro to micro issues.
Level of Difficulty to Facilitate (to be deleted during review): Facilitation skills required
1. Validate with the group the list of probing questions working from macro to micro issues.
2. Ask questions one at a time, recording answers.
3. May have participants ask challenging statements.
4. May ask participants to agree or disagree. then explain their response, one at a time.
Follow-Up Required: Make a decision using the answers to the questions as information.
Source: Ingrid Bens
Derived from: Ingrid Bens, Facilitating with Ease, p. 151