Number of participants: 10-15
Types of participants: This method is applicable with all types of participants, yet it is vital not to be discriminatory towards gender and culture.
Ideal conditions: Workshop participants enjoy the opportunity to tell something about themselves and are honest.
Pre-Work Required: The facilitator has to prepare a list of questions prior to the workshop.
Type of Facilitator-Client Relationship: Cooperation
Facilitator personality fit: Playful, creative
Level of Difficulty to Facilitate (to be deleted during review): No specific skills required
1. Prior to the workshop the facilitator prepares a list of questions which can only be answered with yes or no. These questions should begin with "Have you ever...?" or "Stand up if...".
- 1. Have you ever been to Asia?
- 2. Have you ever been horseriding?
- 3. Have you ever done bungee jumping.
2. The facilitator reads out the questions or statements one by one. For each statement the participants stand up if they could answer the statement with yes.
Usual or Expected Outcomes: Group members get to know each other in a fun and entertaining manner.
Potential pitfalls: Participants feel intimidated or insulted by a question.
How success is evaluated: The group is committed to the exercise and enjoys taking part in it.
Alternative names: Have you ever