An activity to inspire brainstorming for desired change
To enhance individual or group brainstorm
- sheets of paper and pens, or flipchart paper and markers per group
Use in the context of discussing situations that need change!
During1. Form work groups. The work groups are asked to leave the room and to find any small object outside of the room, which attracts their attention. The object should resemble a natural pattern, such as a leaf, a branch or a pebble.
2. The groups return to the workshop space and now the facilitator tells the groups that they have just found a "Magic Charm" which will allow them to change three things they want to change about one of the following:
- Their work or an important project
- Their house
- Their community
- Their country
- etc. as applicable to the workshop topic
3. Once the groups are finished, they exchange their ideas with the other groups.
4. After the ideas are exchanged, the participants are asked to go back into their brainstorming groups and discuss the following:
- Three changes they would make to their community
- The reasons why these changes are important