Projecting the team into the future.
Team has shared about and set its goals, purpose, value and offer to their customer. Manager had the possibility to express his/her own view about objectives and priorities in the next 12 months. Manager and team have shared mutual expectations
TEAM in groups, 4/5 people max, MANAGER – working separately
Step 1 (20 min): What will this team look like in 12 months ?
- Using drawing only, represent what the team should do, should be, etc...
- Think of 3 words to attach to your drawing:
- 1 word to describe the main Purpose we want for this team
- 1 word to describe the most important Value the team would need to be successful
- 1 word to describe the team’s main Offer to their customer
Step 2 (20 min): Objectives and important topics to be handled in the future
Manager: objectives and expectations
- what are the objectives for the team, what are the priorities in the next 12 months?
-what are the expectations from the manager towards the team?
Team groups: ambitions and expectations
- what are the ambitions we want to achieve together in the next 12 months?
- what are the expectations from the collaborators towards the manager?
Step 3 (40 min): Debrief on both exercises
Give 10 minutes per group & manager to present (adjust time based on total number of groups)
Create an action log and record all the potential actions, and then:
- Clarify the actions if needed with the group
- Add any missing ones
- Vote to prioritize the actions if needed.
- Ask when will the next review of this list take place
- Ask for volunteers to take the lead on each action and ask for a delivery date
Option: step 1 can be removed according to time constraints. Will shorten as well the debrief.
If you run it remotely, prepare & share a Jamboard with the participants, step 1 could be done as pre-work, you can use the camera to share your drawings / images. Use the sequence "how to vote remotely?"
Sequence is part of both WiB#1 "New team set-up" (full scheme) and WiB#4 "New manager" (only step 2 and 3)