Together, for two hours on Saturday 24 October facilitators and others around the world will be challenging dialogue groups to explore far-reaching ideas such as:
- What do you think the international community should prioritise to recover better from the pandemic?
- Do you think people in 2045 will be better off than, worse off than or about the same as today?
- What do you most want to see in 25 years? What are the main obstacles and challenges that will block this vision?
- How can global cooperation better manage these challenges?
Responses from every discussion will be captured and uploaded to the United Nations.
Who can host or facilitate a Connected Conversation for UN75?
Anyone. The UN wants to hear from all communities: from civil society to business, local government to religious groups, arts to sports. They particularly want to engage youth and those whose voices are often not heard in global discussions, such as indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and migrants and displaced people.
Connected Conversations is hosting a special worldwide dialogue relay event on UN Day as part of #FacWeek. Other UN75 dialogues will also be hosted at other times & locations. (If this interests you please contact talk to the X360.co team)
Is the format fixed?
The dialogues can – and should – be adapted to whatever format and setting works for you and the individuals or groups you plan to engage. They can be:
- Formal structured events with moderators, or informal, free-flowing discussions
- Virtual online sessions (eg. Zoom)
- Self-guided discussion circles – using the new VoiceVoice platform.
- Standalone events, or integrated into other meetings or conferences
- Large discussions involving many participants across the world, or small local meetings with a handful of participants
- Public meetings that are live-streamed, or private talks with invited participants.
We invite anyone – a membership network, community organisation, or tech platform – to reach out and engage your community in this milestone world dialogue.
Inspiring action for change
Connecting people and amplifying their voices leads to an important goal: inspiring action for a better future.
The 2020 Connected Conversations coalition of collaborators want to ensure there are plenty of diverse opportunities for participating organisations and networks, communities and individuals to take practical action, to be part of strategic activity that makes an authentic difference.
The ideas generated during UN75 – including the Connected Conversations World Relay on UN Day – are expected to:
- Inform public debate
- Be taken up by national and international decision-makers
- Inspire broader civic engagement
- Deepen global cooperation
Both formal and informal dialogues can yield insights and evidence that national and international organisations can apply. Findings may inspire new programmes, investments, partnerships and campaigns, among other options.