- Research results defining the worst and the best case scenarios.
Setting: in cases of merging companies the annual reports, mission statement and further company background information is needed.
Pre-Work Required: Yes, in forms of research on past scenarios and the outcomes of such.
1. State the problem
2. Describe the best case scenario
3. Describe the worst case scenario
4. List the conditions for each scenario
* for each case, what are some of the things that help / hinder that outcome
5. Note the "Tug-of-War"
* try and look at the opposing forces that can help / hinder, and see which can be modified.
Usual or Expected Outcomes: Not the best, but the most suitable solutions, since this method uses the worst and the best to find a way out of business dilemmas
Potential pitfalls: Disagreements between two parties.
How success is evaluated: By developing a plan with this method providing the main and basic information
Source: Michael Michalko
Alternative names: Force Field Analysis