This purpose of this page is to inform you about the third party service providers we work with to run SessionLab.
As we would like to focus on our mission, we decided not to run our own infrastructure or develop all the business support features that we need ourselves. That is why we work with third party service providers who provide hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, analytics, help desk, payment processing and other services for us.
Before engaging any third party service providers, we carry our out due diligence to evaluate their, approach to privacy, security and other practices affecting the processing of the data we might forward to them.
We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our data protection agreements with these service providers require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Third party service providers we engage in storing and processing the content you create in SessionLab are carrying out their processing activities within the territory of the European Union: Both in case of Amazon Web Services and Pusher we utilize their Irish data center.
Next to these, we do work with other third party service providers – for example, transactional email and analytics services. These providers are either located either in Europe or the US. In case of US. third party service providers, we make sure to work with Privacy Shield participant companies and have Data Protection Agreements with each. The type of data we forward to such providers are typically the user profile data of SessionLab users (name, email, IP, device and browser information), but not the session content that users create.
So to summarise, the actual content you might create in SessionLab is stored and processed within the territory of Europe, while your own personal data (such as name, email address, IP address) does leave the EU to GDPR-compliant service providers.
Below you may find the full list of third party service providers we work with to provide you with the service of SessionLab
|Service Provider (Name of Service, if different)||Purpose||Data forwarded||Country of processing|
|Amazon Web Services, Inc||Hosting infrastructure||All data including Content you create and upload. Except payment information.||Ireland|
|SendGrid, Inc.||Transactional & campaign email delivery service||Contact data||United States|
|Mixpanel, Inc.||Analyze in-app events||Contact data, Navigational data, Device & Browser info||United States|
|Google Inc. (Google Analytics)||Analyze usage accross our websites||Navigational data, Device & Browser info||Worldwide - Google's network of geographically distributed data centers|
|PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. (Braintree)||Payment gateway and processor||Contact data, Billing & Payment data, Subscription data||United States|
|UserVoice, Inc.||Helpdesk within the app||Contact data, Device & Browser info||United States|
|Freshworks, Inc. (Freshchat)||Live chat application on public pages||Contact data, Device & Browser info, Navigational data||United States|
|Pusher Ltd.||Enable real-time collaboration within SessionLab||Session content excluding attachments||Ireland|
|Functional Software, Inc. (Sentry)||Error reporting system||Name, Device & Browser info, Navigational data||United States|
|Slack Technologies Ltd.||Internal communication and customer support||Name||United States|
|Google Inc. (Google Suite)||Email service||Contact data||Worldwide - Google's network of geographically distributed data centers|
|200OK LLC. (Profitwell)||Financial analytics||Contact data, Subscription data||United States|
|Pipedrive OÜ||Sales CRM||Contact data||Germany|
|Hello Bar LLC||Email collection at blog and library||Contact data||United States|
|ActiveCampaign LLC||Email automation for newsletter subscribers||Contact data||United States|
In the table above, we used the following categories of data to describe what data we forward to various third party service providers:
- Content: any content you create within the application, including session plans and library blocks.
- Attachments: any files you may upload via the service
- Name: the name you specify in your user profile
- Contact data: your name and email address
- Navigational data: the actions you perform and pages you visit while using the application. We log array of specific events (such as ‘Block created’, ‘Page loaded’, ‘Session view changed’, ‘Error’, etc…) with their attributes to allow us to analyse site usage, service improvement and to provide effective support.
- Device & Browser info: information about the type and version of the browser and device you use when navigating on SessionLab websites.
- Billing data: the billing name, billing address and (optionally) VAT ID you provide when upgrading to a paid subscription,
- Payment data: the credit card information you use for paying for a paid service plan.
- Subscription data: if you have a paid account, this is the data describing the type of subscription you have, such as ‘Yearly Pro account billed in EUR’ or ‘Annual Team account billed in USD’. It includes information such as the price of the subscription and past and future billing dates.