A simple game that will have everyone running within minutes. Very effective to fight the "after-lunch" dip.
- Find a space that is large enough to have the group walking around (or even run), preferably outside.
- Have the group stand in a circle, including the trainer.
- Tell them that each one of them is a spy.
- Tell them that in the group there is one spy-catcher, dedicated to arrest them.
- Tell them the good news: there's a body-guard in the group as well, protecting them.
- Ask every member of the group to select a group member which they suspect to be the spy catcher, WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE
- Then ask them to select another member of the group which they think is their body guard, again without telling anyone.
- Now ask the group to position themselves in such a way that their body guard is between them and the spy-catcher.
- Let them run for about 2-3 minutes and find everyone happy and energised.
As a debrief, you can talk about the observation that with a few simple rules people can create chaos.