Give the participants som energy after lunch/ a break/ the beginning of a session
1) A small dance & choreo where people can shake each others hand virtually
- Play following Music: https://open.spotify.com/search/slippery%20people
- Create a warm up: 'Slippery people' dance
2) Every participant seeks a red and green object. The facilitator says some statements. If you agree, you show the green object. If not, you show the red object.
3) 'Two truths and one lie'
Every participant thinks of 2 things about themselves; a hobby, a crazy little story, a favorite holiday, their favorite food, biggest dream, biggest fear, ... or something about their carreer; when did you join the company, what was your first (student)job? What was your greatest achievement? or about the meeting; what do you fear the most?
While thinking of these truths, everyone has to come up with one lie. Something that might be true but is not.
The game is to unmask the lie. One person tells their 2 truths and 1 lie, and the other people have to guess which one is the lie. When they were able to do this, the person who told their truths and lie can select the next person that will tell their truths and lie.
The facilitator gives dilemmas. The participants have to decide which they would rather do/have/agree with. To show what they choose, the participants have to show or not show themselves by locking or unlocking their camera. For example; if you take the first option, you have to show yourself and if you take the second option, you have to lock your camera (and your name will show on a black screen).
Some dilemma examples:
- Never be able to talk again or say everything that comes up in your mind?
- Fighting a duck the size of a horse or fighting 100 horses the size of a duck?
- Have lunch with Angelina Jolie or Michelle Obama?
- Give up half your bank account or half your interior in your house?
5) Touch blue
The participants have to search and show an object as quick as possible.
- a fruit
- a hat
- €1 coin
- a bronze (other color) object
- a roll of toilet paper
- a cushion
6) Who is it? (remote)
Every participant has their camera on. One person takes someone of the meeting in their mind. The others have to guess who it is by asking yes/no question. For example: Is he/she wearing glasses? Are they following the meeting in a kitchen? Is it a woman? ...
If a question is asked and you are not part of the answer? You have to shut down your camera. The purpose is to guess as quickly as possible who the person is.
7) Chairs/ Dots (teamwork)
offline: The participants are in one room with multiple chairs spread around the room. Half of the people get the task to bring all the chairs in the middle of the room. The other half gets the task to put the chairs as far as possible from each other. The participants will compete to succeed their own task first but by working together they could succeed the both tasks.
online: The participants are in an online room (Mural) with multiple dots in a frame. Half of the people get the task to bring all the dots in the middle of the frame. The other half gets the task to put the dots as far as possible from each other. The participants will compete to succeed their own task first but by working together they could succeed the both tasks.
8) Fun questions related to work
- Name one colleague who is the most likely to escape a deserted island alive?
- If given the opportunity to be the boss for a day, which is the first thing you would do?
- If you had to meet any historical figure and choose him as your teammate, who would it be?
- What is the one thing that would actually help remote teams to function better?
- Especially, which one of your colleagues should go on to open his/her own company?
- What was your dream job when you were a kid?
- What is the most memorable thing you bought with your first salary?
- What is your favorite thing about your team?
- How do you feel about a four-day workweek where the total hours worked will be the same?
- What is the best advice you’ve received from anyone in this office?
- What is the best compliment that you’ve received from someone in the office?
More personal questions
. Which one book you’ve always wanted to read but didn’t get around to it?
62. Any particular skill that you would recommend to everyone to learn?
63. What is the one thing you look forward to doing when you wake up in the morning?
64. Tell us the best advice you’ve ever received in your life?
65. What would be the title of your autobiography?
66. What is your “I wish I had started doing this earlier in my life”?
67. At reaching which milestone would you consider yourself to be successful?
68. Which cartoon character do you find most relatable to now?
69. If given the option to time travel to your past and give yourself some advice, which age would you choose to go to?
70. The most terrible fashion trend that you followed religiously?