Keep your creativity game strong with daily, colorful exercises.
The first step to unleashing creativity is to build a more creative culture. Devoting daily time to a creative warm-up is an easy way to get started.
1. Pick one of the following creative warm-up activities:
- Brainstorm gross things. Then, choose one at random to turn into a beautiful, trendy product.
- Draw a team mascot or use materials around you to craft one.
- Make up a story about office supplies.
- Go outside and take some photos. Then print out the images and make a collage.
2. Set time for the warm-up and decide if it is better to tackle it individually or as a group. Usually, 5-15 minutes will do.
3. Roll up your sleeves and start making.
4. Share back what you created. If you're laughing, you're on the right track - That's the sign of a good creative warm up.
The design team that designed this Travel Pack did creative warm-ups on a daily basis. There resulted in an office mascot, a puppet show, and personality quizzes. Some even inspired these methods.