- Photo copies of bricks and stars found in the file attached to this method. Make enough copies so that every team has 6-10 of each.
- The prepared chart should have space for stars at the top and bricks at the bottom. We use a blue sky and brown bottom half.
Number of participants: 26-50
Types of participants: any
Ideal conditions: end of the day.
Pre-Work Required: print and cut out brick and star images
Type of Facilitator-Client Relationship: Any
Facilitator personality fit: Any
Level of Difficulty to Facilitate (to be deleted during review): Facilitation skills required
We want to spend some time doing a simple quick evaluation.
1. Have the group work in small teams (3-6 people).
2. Photocopy a number of the stars and bricks attached here to use for input.
3. Ask the group first as individuals to take 5 minutes to write 3 - 5 items that they appreciated during today's session and 3 - 5 items that they found should be improved. If people start working together, ask them to focus individually for the 5 minutes.
4. Then ask each small team to share their thoughts with each other and take 10 minutes to create 5 - 7 stars (things appreciated) and 5 - 7 bricks (should be improved), and to post them on a prep-prepared chart.
5. Have the whole group come stand at the chart and read it. Ask:
a. What do you notice on the chart?
b. Where would you say there is agreement about points that need to be corrected for today?
c. Where is there some agreement about things that went well today?
d. Are there things that should be added?
1. Thank the group for their participation.
2. Make any announcements that are needed.
Follow-Up Required: The program should be modified.
Usual or Expected Outcomes: list of items to keep in the program and items to change.
Derived from: unknown
History of Development: unknown
Alternative names: Bricks and Stars