Sharing breakout group work
- post its and pens optional
Pre-Work Required: The gallery walk follows breakout group work; the displays/charts developed by breakout groups are presented and shared.
- Post displays/charts produced by breakout groups in separate parts of the room.
- Form cross-section tour groups, at least one person from each previous breakout group should be assigned to one tour group,
- Tour groups walk around, visiting each station for a few minutes
- Participant from break-out group explains their display/chart, discuss understanding in tour group, clarify questions and understanding at each station
- Participants make comments, suggestions, use of sticky notes to capture suggestions is an option
Debrief in plenum, address comments, questions if necessary, incorporate suggestions
Source: Sam Kaner et all, Facilitators Guide to Participatory Decision Making, 3rd edition, Josey-Bass, 2014, p. 127
Derived from: Found in Jo Nelson's "Meeting Tools"