Number of participants: 11-25
Time needed: 2 - 45 min.
Pre-Work Required: none
Type of Facilitator-Client Relationship: Standard
Introductions of participants:
What is your name, your job and one thing we should remember about you?
Introduction of exercise:
We live in a world that is globally interrelated. Events in one continent affect the lives of people and their work thousands of kilometers away
- Thinking about events that are happening in the world, what is one event that has happened in the past two years? Write down the answers.
- What is one event that has happened in the past twenty years?
- What are other events in the economic, political or cultural arena
- A trend is something that develops over time. Read back the list and ask: Listening to this list, what are some trends that you see in the world today? What trends do you see in your country?
- How do any of these trends affect your work?
- Thinking about these trends, what is one challenge for you in your work in the next 10 years?
Follow-Up Required: none
Usual or Expected Outcomes: insights into global trends and how they might effect work
Source: Jon Jenkins
Derived from: The Ecumenical Institute's work on cultural change.