Interviews and introductions in pairs
To get to know each other in a group, while practicing asking questions
- Flipchart, blackboard, or whiteboard for facilitator
- Pen and paper for each participant
Pre-Work Required: Prepare a number of questions, such as:
What is your name?
What is your background?
Why are you participating in this workshop?
What is the best learning experience you have ever had?
What do you hope to learn from this workshop?
Type of Facilitator-Client Relationship: The facilitator provides the instructions and the participants engage in conversation with each other.
Facilitator personality fit: No specific personality fit
Level of Difficulty to Facilitate (to be deleted during review): No specific skills required
1. Divide the group into teams of two.
2. Present the sample questions as a guideline for participants.
3. Within the groups, the two participants have 10 minutes to interview each other.
4. The group comes together again and each participant introduces his or her partner to the rest of the group.
Note: In order to save time, participants can be told that they only have 5 minutes for the introduction of their partners. It is recommended to encourage applause in response to the introductions.
Follow-Up Required: No follow-up required
Usual or Expected Outcomes: Participants get to know each other and get to practice their inquiry skills.
How success is evaluated: Success can be evaluated based on participation of workshop members and level of interaction.