A fun and interactive ice-breaker.
Pre-Work Required: A "Prui" needs to be selected and informed of their role without anyone else knowing it.
1. Ask someone to be Prui without anyone else knowing.
2. Clear the dance floor (living room, kitchen, back yard).
3. Get more or less everyone together. (For any game to be fun, participation has to be optional).
4. When the mass is about as critical as it will get, everyone closes their eyes and starts milling around.
5. When people bump into each other, they shake hands, while saying "prui".
- a. If the person they encounter is not prui, they each go off to find someone else.
- b. On the other hand (as it were) when someone bumps into the actual, pre-appointed prui, shakes hands and says prui, the prui shakes hands, doesn't say anything, and doesn't let go.
6. Now both people are prui, remaining prui until the end of the game.
7. If either of them is encountered by anyone else, more people are added to the prui.
8. The game continues until more or less everyone has become prui.
9. Then they can open their eyes. There are some exceptionally fun moments as more and more people feel their way towards pruiness. It gets quieter and quieter. The plaintive sounds of the unpruied few mingling with the invisibly giggling many.
Source: reportedly Sara Etheridge Hunt by Bernie DeKoven
History of Development: Bernie DeKoven "Deep Fun" Archives.